Question for poeple with Hovabator 1602N?

youngenbreeder

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
i have a fan forced, auto turner hovabator 1602N and this is my first hatch. just wanting to know if you guys lift your wire to the ceter of were the eggs were on the turner or put you eggs in eggs cartons or just lay them on the wire as it is for lockdown. i would love to get everything right, ive only got a week to go. cheers, elliot

Last edited:
I lay mine on their sides on the wire. Good luck on your first hatch!
D.gif

Last edited:
i have hatched loads in the hover bator just put them on there sides and they will hatch a treat

deako

Thanks from me to,I have the same thing and this is my first hatch in it.I have an egg turner and will take them out and put them on the wire three days before and up the humidity.Mine are due the 6th.

Quote:
I do the same, and it is less messy. To make it even easier to clean, I lay paper towels on top of the wire, then set the boxes on that. That way less of the icky stuff gets stuck on the wire and onto the styrofoam to clean off after you are done. I try all kinds of things to keep the mess to a minimum. Once you get that stink in those foam bators, it is there for a long time.
Make sure you wash it all out good when you are done and then I like to spray a light bleach solution on it, let it soak in a bit, then spray off with really hot water.

Good luck. I have been hatching for a couple of years, almost non-stop this year since February, and I still get all excited with every egg that pips open.

thanks heaps guys, how many troughs do you guys fill up for lockdown? do many other poeple do the eggs carton method?

I have a pip,I was taking them out of the egg turner and filling up the water troughs and heard a chirp,while putting them back I saw a small hole.Will be waitng patiently all day.Keep you informed

Back
Top Bottom