1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question for the electrical people (incubator fan)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gvntofly05, Jan 2, 2010.

1. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I want to add a fan to my LG still air after this incubation attempt. I can get a computer fan real cheap and I already have an old cell phone charger but I would prefer to get a fan that I can hook directly into the incubator and only have the one power cord.

If I get a 25 CFM 115 VAC Fan would this work?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thats probably a bit too much.... Those incubator fans dont move that much air.

And if you have any electrical knowledge at all, if you remove the plastic cover from the inside of your LG, its very easy to hook your fan into the main power cord.

EDIT: You need the charger for the voltage converter... I get it. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  3. gvntofly05

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    So I could hook a computer fan right into the incubators power supply and not fry the fan.

4. JCoogle

JCoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

I am pretty sure you cannot hook a PC fan direstly to the incubator power source. Really old PC's had fans that ran off of 110 volts but the newer ones run off of the mother board which is 12 volt.

5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    you can buy the correct fan on ebay for around 20.00 bucks. thats what i did. incubator wharehouse......................

6. gvntofly05

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Quote:They are now $32 plus $7 shipping. I can do the computer fan with a converter for $3 or I can get the 115vac fan for $8. I have found that I can wire that one in no prob and my dad said he may even be able to get me a 110vac fan for free from his work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by