1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Question for the frizzle owners

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by conny63malies, Apr 25, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got two frizzles in my hatch last week. The very first was a white with black splashes and the 2nd is a dark brown/black. The 2nd is getting already curly wing feathers and it tries to fly off the roost, which is hilarious, because it "flies" like a rock.
    But the 1st doesnt have a single wavey feather. They are all flat against the body.
    Here comes your expertise in. Will this chick frizzle when it molds or is it just a plain old banty cochin?

2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Give it another week. I doubt it will be just a plain old banty cochin. It may not frizzle but banty cochins are wonderful little chickens even without the frizz. :|

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Oh i will still love the chick because it is my only splashed one. I am hoping this chick is one of those that has normal wings but the rest is still curled

4. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I just ordered frizzles from MM Hatchery and was told around 30% will not Frizzle! You don't know until they get a little older. They are precious though. Make great pets... Enjoy:clap

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: