question for the guys, sweating women while working

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by key west chick, Jun 30, 2010.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ok, so Im working at the shop DH manages again. I run a punch press machine. It is extremely hot out in the shop, even with fans blowing. Im out there for 10 minutes and have sweat pouring off of me. My hair is soaked, my shirt is soaked, the waist on my shorts is wet and my undies are sticking to my fanny. So not lady like. The only other female shop worker is a hispanic lady that seems to not be affected by the heat like me. So my big question is this. Coming from a mans perspective, how unattractive is a women sweating like a man while she is working? I dont want DH to be embarassed by a hot sweaty wife/employee. He said everyone out there is hot and sweaty so I shouldnt care. I just wondered what other guys think.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

MY DH doesn't seem to mind... how to say this on a family site...

He reckons since we've both been working we'll both be needing a shower later.... ahem.
    -hope that's not too adult Modly Ones feel free to snip it if you need to-

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    lol, unfortunetely, DH sits his happy butt in the nice air conditioned office!

4. PineappleMama

Ah, well that 'un sounds like he needs a list of Honey Do's to tackle when he gets home. [​IMG]

I donno, if our Someday plans go into effect... DH being a teacher/professor and me having the farm I want I reckon I'd be in the same boat as you.

Course, another reason DH doesn't mind me sweaty is 'cuz it makes him think of other sweaty 'jobs'... I'm WAY more touchy about it than he is... Good grief I can't count the times I've said "I need a shower" and he's replied with "Don'tcha think you outta get dirty first?" *eyebrows wagging* while my eyes roll. Bluh... I think it's got something to do with us girls, on average, having more sensitive noses... but that's just a theory.

5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    If I'm busy working, I'm probably not paying attention to the perspiration level of my coworkers.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I think your husband is sharing a brain with my husband - sounds like something mine would say also...

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I don't think it's offensive at all - it's easily explained due to the heat (but, dare I say....I MAY notice if you forgot your deoderant...)

8. PineappleMama

Oh man, I freak if I forget mine... even to go to the store. I get in the car and I KNOW (20 seconds in this heat) and I have to run back in the house. Or if I don't notice in time, I'll actually stop and BUY some. I can't stand it. I rarely carry a purse, but darned if there isn't an emergency stick in there just in case.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I sweat more than any man I know, but then again I do more work than most men I know. My husband said he thinks you are thinking too much about it, don't sweat it LOL LOL!!!

10. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a hot and sweaty female. My mindset is somewhere along the lines of PineappleMama. Though, I should also add the word 'pheromones' to the mix. [​IMG]
    There should be nothing to worry about just like your DH says. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by