1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

question for those of you who ordered chicks from MMH

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by perfectly_polish, Feb 23, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I've never ordered from MMH before, except for the ducks I just got, I mostly hatched my own. I have an order of chicks that are suppose to come tomorrow and I was just wondering it they ship them out on saturday, and if they usually come the next day? I'm just a worried expecting parent [​IMG]

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    They ship them out on Sunday, and I got mine Sunday. It just depends on the route they have to take to get to you. I got mine fast, because Denver is a major hub.

3. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I live between Binghamton and Elmira NY.I always got mine on Monday morning as soon as the post office opened they'd call.MMH is very dependable.Get your brooder warmed up.
    No worries mate. will

4. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:oh trust me its all set up and warm for them [​IMG] I had a question about the free rare chick they send, if I get my birds vaccinated for Coccidiosis and Marek's disease will the free rare chick be vaccinated as well?

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    The person I ordered with from them says hers almost always come on a Sunday. She's in Willington CT for what that's worth!

6. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Well thats good, I hope mine come Sunday also, because I heard it is suppose to snow yet again on Monday [​IMG] We finally got some nice weather then BAM the snow is back [​IMG]

7. granites2001

granites2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

How do they come on Sunday, when the post office is closed?

Lisa

8. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I guess the don't deliever on Sunday but there is always someone working there.

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Yup, my friend says they call her on Sunday. There are still employees there sorting etc. They just don't make deliveries. (Otherwise my friend would ask them to deliver our chicks to church lol!)

10. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    They actually ship out on Saturday. They have trucks haul them up to MPLS international airport and they are shipped to their destinations from there. I am not sure about ones that are trucked though. I asked the gal and she said most are sent through Mpls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by