Question for those that feed Natural Balance dog food

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Could you give me an idea of how much of it a large pup/dog would eat of it a day? Pretty active.
TIA

Hi! I have 2 Jack Russells (one is 12, one is 8) I free feed and they go through the small($12.00ish) sack reduced calorie style in about 3 weeks... I also give them each half of one marked slice of the NB roll 'meat' each morning. They have continued very healthy since I switched them about 3-4 yrs ago and vet recommended reduced cal for free feeding since they are mature( and Trusty, the 8yo is one of those short-leg Russells that can get pretty fat; this way he stays pretty 'stocky'only). It seems a good compromise for health and price compared to some of the other hi$ brands I looked into.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! I'm trying to decide if we would come out about the same in the cost of the natural balance (and shipping) vs. the cost of the kibble we feed right now plus the meat we buy to add to the kibble. The NB is not available anywhere close to us, but we can have it shipped in.

My GSD gets Natural Balance, he gets one cup in the AM and one in the PM, plus a can of string beans each day. He's five and very active, and VERY thin, he needs meat on his bones, so I increased it from one half a cup twice a day. Hope that helps

Quote:
We don't have petco around here and the closest petsmart is over an hour away.
wink.png

Believe me when I say we live in a rural area. Our two choices for buying feed are the co-op and walmart.

Quote:
So I'm thinking as a growing active puppy Jax would need two cups, twice a day? Does that sound about right?

For Natural Balance Duck and Potato (allergies) Tesla, 90 pounds, 2.5 years old, gets 3 cups twice a day in the winter and spring, the rest of the year I'm just happy she even nibbles at a half cup twice a day. Very thin dog, very active dog, bones are very easily seen.
The bassets who are on it, 43 lbs - 2 years old - athletic and 62 lbs - 7 years old - overweight, both get 1 cup twice a day. Fat guy gets half a can of green beans with his.

Quote:
That gives me an idea of the amount needed so I can do some numbers crunching. Thanks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom