Question in Parade Magazine...

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
So this week there was a question that got me thinking.

Q: My wife wants us to share our e-mail passwords, and we're having a huge fight about it. I dont have anything to hide, but does being married mean i cant have any privacy?

Never thought of this before. I cant even imagine that a husband wouldnt want to share his e-mail password with his wife, and the same for the wife sharing her password..... very strange. I mean, whats the big secret? I wouldnt trust that guy ..nope. Whats your opinion on this?
pop.gif

Any other folks find themselves in a situation like this?

I wouldn't be happy about, lets just put it that way. It would definately make me feel like he was hiding something.

My husband and I have the same password. I have nothing to hide.

nope nope and nope. I already can't go to the market without him (i'm in a wheelchair). We have a monthly allowance, most of mine is spent online. hoesn;t need to know what i buy from mine, and i don't need to hear that if i'd shopped around i could've saved $3. Not to mention what a pain it was to hide his father's day gift.

Hubbo doesn't mess with the computer at all. He has his guy time at the cafe in the mornings at the liar's table. He says that he doesn't know how to turn the computer on, but the joke is on him - I don't turn it off! Bahahahahha! But I will show him anything that I am doing, or any of my email. And whatever say about him is told to one of his buddies by their wife, who is one of my FB friends.

Email is the last shred of privacy some of us have.

Even if my girlfriend knew my password, she wouldn't want to see the kinds of things me and my buddies email back and forth. Planning hunting trips, the new paint scheme on the motorcycle, boobs, the deer I shot back in December, boobs, the big bass I caught last week, and occassionally some pics of boobs.

All that stuff would bore her anyway.

There could be many different (unknown) email addresses. I want my privacy, so nobody gets my passwords and I don't want anyone else's...yep, and don't even hover when I'm reading my mail, lol...I share what I want to share and expect no less from another. If I didn't trust someone I wouldn't be with that person...that'd be a terrible way to live...I'd just move on...life's too short.

Quote:
Did you forget to mention boobs???
gig.gif

Oh, my husband doesn't really use e- mail, but I set up the account, so I know the password, but I don't go on it. I think if someone asks their spouse/significant other, they might not be fully trusting you. I would never check my husband's e-mail, and I think he wouldn't mind if I did! I think he knows my password, but again, we set up the accounts together at the same time. He could go on mine, I have nothing to hide.
hide.gif

Last edited:
It would bother me if my fiance wouldn't let me look at his emails or texts. It would probably bother him if I hid my emails and texts. I have a lot of guy friends who send me slightly sexual-innuendo-ish texts from time to time, but they're harmless and funny and I usually share them with him. He gets boobs and other nakedness sent to him but it doesn't bother me and if they're funny, he'll share them with me. We both send and receive pictures of dead deer, coyotes, etc.. so we definitely share that stuff. "Hey, check out Steve's buck."
smile.png

It's nice to not have to hide anything.

Quote:
I guess he'd have to gripe verbally so the wife doesn't find out! We ALL need to gripe from time to time, but I wouldn't do it on e-mail, it could come back to bite you....

Back
Top Bottom