1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

question om hatching

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by okiedrifter, Jul 4, 2011.

1. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    put my hatch on lock down 2 days ago its in a cabinet temp is steady at 99 forced air with 5 doz coco marin eggs and 2 dozen peafowl started with 80% humidity....this morning I woke up to a happy farm of hatched cocos and several peas [​IMG] but my humidy has dropped to 74% I dont want to open the doors to rewet the sponges how far can I let it drop before I have to open the door to rewet these sponges.......I love the glass door...I can see except I really want to touch [​IMG]:weee...[​IMG]

2. gobblerunfarms

gobblerunfarms Out Of The Brooder

i hatch the best at 65% in a gqf 1502 so i think your humidity will be good down to there.

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    If there are any cracks in the cabinet (like door frames or vents, which there should be a vent for airflow somewhere!), that is how we add water... with syringes and/or straws through the cracks. But your humidity sounds ok for now.

4. okiedrifter

Jun 20, 2011
    I can see 3 pea babies [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    tHOSE INCUBATOR IT OK TO OPEN, AS THE TEMP RECOVER FAST.....not like those cheap table top ones.

6. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I think he's worried about the humidity dropping if he opens it during lockdown, rather than temps

7. okiedrifter

Jun 20, 2011
    thank you as I really need to get those cocos out and I want to love on those pea babies so bad but will wait till tomorrow morning...when I use the flashlight to check on them they come running to the front of the cabinet to check out the light... so cute they are

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    On cabinet incubator like , Sportsman open it to remove dry off chick doesnt hurt , i even open mine ti fill water pans, humdity and temp recover super fast. I think it may even help with peafowl , FRESH AIR.

9. okiedrifter

Jun 20, 2011
    you are giving me reason to love on those babies [​IMG] oh and I am a lady [​IMG]

10. okiedrifter

Jun 20, 2011
    I now have [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] beautiful pea chicks and more pipping I cant wait to love on them they are gonna be so spoiled

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by