Question on Chicken Wire

clogan98

Songster
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
Torrington, CT
What do you think of doubling 1" chicken wire (overlapping it so it doesn't line up properly so it would be much less than 1" holes). I have all this extra chicken wire, but just can not afford the hardware cloth. I live in a suburban area with total fencing around my yard. No wild animals besides the night time prowling tomcat. They do get locked in the coop at night but where I have any ventilation holes, it should be okay, right?

It won't be as secure as hardware cloth but I defiantly think it would add some security. I would say go for it.

If it is a matter of cost I say go for it. I tried it and did not like it. The wire moves around after a while. You may have to tighten it a bit more then I did.

bun.gif

46c20895-8d15-5ef9.jpg
46c20895-8d22-1985.jpg

This is how i streched my chicken wire, and it came out tight as piano wire. Just put on the corners and use leverage
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i did put a 3ft ribbon of half x half inch hardware cloth around the bottom. i also put a two foot piece around the bottom which i put in the gripping
ground and then put 3x4 river stone on top of that. my neighbors joke that a built chicken Alcatraz.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom