Question on filling out pedigree....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hoosiermomma, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    This is a stupid question but I am fairly computer illiterate. I have a pedigree that I downloaded onto my computer. What program or application should it be in so I can type the info onto the pedigree? Right now it's in adobe but I tried copying and pasting it into word and it still won't let me type the info on it. I don't want to hand write the info nor do I want to get out the rusty ole' typewriter so I am hoping someone can help me. [​IMG]

2. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

PDF files were developed to not allow you to type into it's documents on purpose. It's meant to be that way so a document printed in it cannot be (easily) altered.

There is a way to convert it to another version which will allow you to do so, but it is fairly expensive. It's called Adobe Acrobat.

There are also ways to turn it into a jpeg document (like a photo) then paste things into/onto it, but that gets pretty complicated too... but it can be done. If you have Power Point, you can use that to past words into the spots too, but it's not simple or easy if you're just learning that stuff. It takes playing around with and practice. (I've had to do it in the past for presentations etc... but it's been a while since I retired about 4 years ago.)

Sorry I don't have better news for you... I might be able to help, if you send me the info. Lets see if anyone has any other ideas, first though. Maybe there's some other free pedigree forms out there that are easier to enter data into.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    I know that the UKC ped you can fill out the info on...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  4. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I need to work on a pedigree for my baby buns. I will see what I can't do about maybe scanning a copy of the pedigree I have and then copy and pasting info. There has to be an easier way though. [​IMG]

5. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I did a google search on "pedigree forms" and it brought up all sorts of fillable forms for pedigrees. Some were not species specific, but if you search for - "pedigree forms" + rabbits (including the quotes and the plus sign, it brought up ones just for rabbits, so I'd suggest searching for some other forms before I went to too much effort on the one you have.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:If you email it to me, I can fill it in for you - I have the full adobe version that lets me edit. You just have to tell me what it is supposed to say.

7. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:If you email it to me, I can fill it in for you - I have the full adobe version that lets me edit. You just have to tell me what it is supposed to say.

Thanks for the offer but I am trying to work on this myself.....one of those sense of accomplishment things....lol I almost have it filled out but messed up the 'great-great' brackets. [​IMG] Oh well I am going to correct it and see what happens from there. Keep your fingers crossed. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Thanks for the offer but I am trying to work on this myself.....one of those sense of accomplishment things....lol I almost have it filled out but messed up the 'great-great' brackets. [​IMG] Oh well I am going to correct it and see what happens from there. Keep your fingers crossed. [​IMG]

I am here if ya need me!!

9. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Thanks for the offer but I am trying to work on this myself.....one of those sense of accomplishment things....lol I almost have it filled out but messed up the 'great-great' brackets. [​IMG] Oh well I am going to correct it and see what happens from there. Keep your fingers crossed. [​IMG]

I am here if ya need me!!

Not to tell either of you what to do. But can you email debi the form and she can transfer it for you?

10. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Okay so I have everything filled out. Only problem is, once the info was typed in, the form went from being a one page form to three. LOL Any idea on how to reduce it to a one pager again? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by