Question on genotype of White Spitzhaubens.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by phasianidae, Jun 1, 2011.

1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
  2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The birds are silver, wheaten, columbian and dark brown. I have produced birds like the one in the picture.

Tim

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

4. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Interesting. I wonder if the Sptizhauben chick I hatched that has almost no black on it will end up looking like that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:Thank you.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:It IS possible to get a White Spitzhauben with little or no spangling. He should be a week old by now and what does his wing feathers look like?

7. i don't know why they get black tails, but the blue, barred, and Chamois Spangleds are beautiful! [​IMG]

8. chics in the sun

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:It IS possible to get a White Spitzhauben with little or no spangling. He should be a week old by now and what does his wing feathers look like?

He will be a week old on Saturday. I will take more pics then. The ones that have come in so far are white. He also doesn't have much of a 'poof' starting on his head like the other one does.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

He will be a week old on Saturday. I will take more pics then. The ones that have come in so far are white. He also doesn't have much of a 'poof' starting on his head like the other one does.

Where did you get him from?

10. chics in the sun

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I got him from "seramaland2" in Bethel, Ohio. Here are some updated pictures. These two were born approximately 12-14 hours apart, and at this point there is a considerable size difference. Also, the mostly-yellow guy still has no little top-knot forming at all. I'm starting to think it's not a Spitz! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this picture is funny - it makes the normal-colored girl look GIANT!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by