question on incubated eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amafaj, Feb 26, 2009.

1. amafaj

amafaj New Egg

Feb 26, 2009
    I just noticed that my automatic egg turner was off for the last two days. I just got it going again, I put the eggs in the incubator Feb,19th. Is it too late to save them or do they still have a chance?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    There is always a chance IMHO but I am shure others will have more knolwage then I .

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Sometimes people can't or forget to hand turn for a few days and still have great hatches. I wouldn't worry too much.

4. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    I just set eggs a few hours ago and when I read this it reminded me to plug in the turner so thanks [​IMG]

5. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    I am the worst about hand turning my eggs. I took my auto turner out so I could put in more eggs and sometimes I miss days where I don't turn them at all. They never seem the worse for wear....
    I wouldn't worry too much about. They are a lot hardier than you think [​IMG]

6. amafaj

amafaj New Egg

Feb 26, 2009
    Thanks all, I feel a little better and to freshegg "LOL, no problem".

7. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    I have actually read something on here somewhere saying that it is ok to only turn them the first 5 days then you don't have to turn them at all. Don't remember what post it was. Wonder how much truth is in that. I have an auto turner but need to make more room for eggs but am afraid i will forget to turn them by hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by