Question on Quality of Barred Rock Roo's and Porcelain D'uccle Roo.

Cowgrl4life

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
Ok so, I KNOW the barred rocks are not great quality, but I just have them for production purposes. However I do plan to breed them a bit ( again for production purposes) and would rather breed up than down, so of my four boys, who would be the best to keep around and who would be second best? I may keep two just as a backup plan. The one with the Legband is the one I was thinking of keeping, but would like to get more opinions. As for the D'uccle I have no Idea what the breed standard is... I thought they were cochins as babies and thats why I bought them. Never owned them before. Just wondering how good (or bad) his quality is. He's probably only like 12-13 weeks old so no roo feathers yet to judge.

Roo with Legband

53391_sany0422.jpg

Other Roo

53391_sany0423.jpg

Other two. the one on the right, and the one in the middle. Ignore the one on the left. He's related to most of my girls. Sorry this one is pretty poor quality, they didn't want to stand still and the others kept getting in the way!

53391_sany0421.jpg

And Lastly, The D'uccle Cockrel.

53391_sany0450.jpg

as for the barred rocks I would say the one with the biggest squarest body (for production) and the crispest barring (an exhibition feature). and the d'uccle is ok but his leg feathering is lacking alot IMHO

Back
Top Bottom