Question on Rooster Booster Pick No More

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MarieNC, Nov 25, 2011.

  1. MarieNC

    MarieNC Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 10, 2010
    One of my hens (Frances) is always missing her front neck feathers - I guess one of the other girls is picking them out. So I went out and bought some of the Pick No More and was getting ready to put some on Frances' neck and some of it shot up onto my chin and man on man did it burn! Even after washing it off the burning continued for a long time afterward. I really, really don't want to put this on Frances if this is going to burn her skin as well - that would be torture! Anyone know if chicken skin supposedly can tolerate this better than our skin or are we all just kidding ourselves thinking it doesn't hurt them?
  2. so lucky

    so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    I don't know, but Wow! I don't think I would want to put it on my chickens! Does it give a list of ingredients on the container?
  3. flowerchicks

    flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

    Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    It also made me cough if I inhaled the fumes. I used it on my hens and they didn't seem to suffer or be bothered once I set them down. It did help with the picking.
  4. Chris09

    Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

    Jun 1, 2009
    The burning and the fumes would be most likely from the Coal Tar. (Coal Tar shampoo burn a little also)

    Active Ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel, Calendula (Marigold), Cresylic Acid, Coal Tar Distillate, and Tea Tree Oil.


BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by