Question on wormers, and medicines/powders for worms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by brandibaby23, Jan 17, 2011.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Not sure if this is the right place for this post. I am wondering what different wormers there are and the safety in using them, how they are administered and such, and what do you use to get rid of mites and lice? I like options lol. I do not that I know of have any of these problems yet, but the more I read I realize it is probably evident at some point so I would like to be prepared. Thanks to any one and everyone's posts in advance. I am pretty good at researching so if it is too much trouble just the names/brands would be greatly appreciated (from chicken knowledgeable people) [​IMG]

2. Tinkspirit70

Tinkspirit70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Central Fla
    There is a very nice gentleman on here named Dawg, he knows alot about wormers and I think he uses eprinex cattle pour on wormer, you can also use Ivermect/pour on, form what I understand you part the feathers at the base of the neck and make sure the meds go directly on the skin 1/2 a cc for large chickens and 1/4 cc for bantams. If you use the ivermect you must toss the eggs for two weeks ;o) HOpefully Dawg will come around and be more specific about your other options..Good luck

3. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Thank you, that was something I didn't even think about (tossing the eggs) I hope he finds this post. I love the information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by