Question regarding Ladies First Chicken Door

Patrickg

Hatching
May 12, 2023
EDIT: Please disregard this post. I literally just got an email saying our door just shipped. 😅

Hello, everyone! My name is Patrick and I’m new here. Me and my fiancé recently started with chickens and built our own coop. The one thing we’re waiting for is the automated chicken door we ordered from ladies first chicken door. We did lots of research and settled on this one. I understand their website says there is a delay of 1-2 weeks but we placed our order on the 22nd and still have yet to hear anything back from them or Matt (the owner). I even reached out via email and text.

Is he still in business or is he just really bad at answering emails/texts? I understand he has an account on here…

We need a door and we can’t keep waiting in the dark.. We’re debating a charge back because he has been completely silent. We’d love to support him but we aren’t sure if we should just go with another option but we like the idea of a solar panel and manual open/close button that isn’t located directly on the door.

Thank you..

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with that brand, but if you're looking to bail on it and get another one, I highly recommend the Omlet autodoor. Been using it for at least 18 months and it has done great in really cold weather as well as super hot. Never had it fail to close, and it's got a really good collision detection feature where it won't trap a chicken if they hang out in the opening while it's closing. The control panel is separate from the door, so you can mount it on the outside of your run and manually close/open the door or adjust the settings. No solar option, but I've only changed the batteries once in 18 months. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom