1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

QUESTION

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by c.wilson, Nov 27, 2008.

1. c.wilson

c.wilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    I WAS JUST OFFERED SOME BUTTON QUAIL EGGS FROM A FRIEND BUT I DONT HAVE ANY INCUBATOR..BUT I DO HAVE A BROODY SILKIE..I WAS WONDERING IF SHE COULD HATCH THEM AND TEACH THEM TO GO TO THE COOP AT NIGHT..I DONT REALLY WANT TO MAKE A FLIGHT PEN..SOO I WAS WONDERING IF SHE WOULD TEACH THEM HOW TO GO TO BED AT NIGHT...IF ANYONE HAS LET ONE DO THIS BEFORE..PLEASE POST A PIC OF HER AND HER BABY QUAIL..THAT AND THE INFORMATON WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Someone asked the same question recently--I can't find the thread though. It sounds like it's possible, but a little risky because the button eggs are SO small. Sorry I am not much help--I don't have any birds... YET!

3. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I suppose you could try it. If she is a small hen. You would need to be careful what nesting materials you use because the eggs might get lost. maybe she would not even know they are eggs!

4. c.wilson

c.wilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    well i guess its possible

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by