Question???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresaann24, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I tossed another 2 eggs from under my broody who I am feeling bad for. one was rotten and the other was dead (I am thinking these eggs were too old) Since my girls where hiding them from me only good new I have from these eggs Atleast I know my Grey roo is fertilizing my eggs. So that is good!

When i broke the egg open I found this little blob inside so I am wondering what day it would be on I didnt take pics but I found on a website what the chick looked like so here it is

[​IMG]

So what day would this be???

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
  3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Great thank you so much!

I was pretty sure this one was dead when candleing there was no movment when I cracked the egg the embryo didn't move either this indeed means it was dead? Would it have moved if it was alive?

4. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    How long was she sitting on the egg for ???

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    she has been setting on those eggs for about 7 or 8 days??

edited to add it was indeed 7 days and upon candleing I could see a bactria ring.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  6. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    if she was sitting for 7ish days and the chick looked like the pic then yes I'm pretty sure the chick was dead when you cracked the egg, by day 7ish the chick should of been bigger !!!

How many eggs does she have left ??

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    she has two and I am not sure on either of those i am a bit IFIF on the last 2 left.

8. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Did you candle those ?? What did they look like ??

I wouldnt toss them till day 12 unless they are clear !!

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    its real hard to see much of anything in them because they are a bit dirty from where they was hidden. but in the last 2 looked like the one that was dead but looked like it was moving. So I'll wait till day 12 and see what I can see. I have a nice person who wanted to help my girl out who is going to send me some eggs that I am going to put under her because I am very doubtful of these eggs Iv tried taking them from her but she just gets rocks and sticks and even a dolls head that was torn off one of my girls dolls and sits on them. I feel so bad for her so for all the effort she is going through I'd atleast like her to end up with some babies to satisfie her need to hatch.

10. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    let her sit on some golf balls (if the eggs are bad) for 20ish days and then give her a few day old chicks, It would less of a pain that way if shes having such bad luck !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by