Question

Pandora2494

Chirping
Apr 19, 2019
Does the picture look like what is described I have a chick who hatched on Sunday absolutely no help from me was doing great and then all of a sudden became very sleepy and tried making sure it was hydrated when I went to clean its vent to make sure it was pooping I noticed its belly

Omphalitis

This bacterial disease affects the chicks during and after hatching, spreads navel infection characterized by inflamed skin in the navel area, soft, flabby and distended abdomen, vent pasting, foul smelling
IMG_20230330_071643.jpg
questionon

Does the picture look like what is described I have a chick who hatched on Sunday absolutely no help from me was doing great and then all of a sudden became very sleepy and tried making sure it was hydrated when I went to clean its vent to make sure it was pooping I noticed its belly

Omphalitis

This bacterial disease affects the chicks during and after hatching, spreads navel infection characterized by inflamed skin in the navel area, soft, flabby and distended abdomen, vent pasting, foul smelling View attachment 3448989questionon
I have no experience with this but that matches the description in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom