question

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lorettawyandotte, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Lorettawyandotte

Lorettawyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    what is a fair price for a pair of grown chinese geese? Brown or white or are they the same...I am going to look at some tomorrow and need a ball park figure...tnks ahead...

2. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    well im not sure. different areas different prices. I would say if they are grown $20 up to $40. people normally sell babies for $8. If i had a pair i would sell them for $20. so maybe the question should be what would YOU want to pay for them?? [​IMG]

3. Lorettawyandotte

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    that is about what I thought they should be and I am very willing to pay that...I jus' needs some gooses to complete my happy little group...these are yearlings...I have lots of fenced room for them...I looked at some adult Toulouse last week end but they were not in very good shape and I left them where they were...I did find 8 ducklings that were precious and affordable...4 Pekins and 4 Rouens...they were newling hatched and had not even had water or food...just dry and peeping...too cute...

4. Lorettawyandotte

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    well...I went and looked at the geese...she had so many...they were in good shape and the price was right...25 for an adult pair...my son and his wife bought me two pair as my birthday present, not that I needed reminding that I am 63 today...but the geese are gorgeous...lo and behold when I went to tuck them in tonight I had a goose egg...biggest darned egg I have ever seen...woohoo! The people had a really pretty Jersey milk cow and as we were standing there looking at the flock of ducks and the many geese, the cow sneaked up on my DIL and proceeded to lick the back of her shirt...it was hilarious as she had never been any closer to a cow than a gallon of milk at the grocery and she nearly stroked out when she turned around and was eye ball to eye ball with the cow...I love my geese...Brown Chinese and so pretty...we loaded one of the females and her guy came to the fence honking and snorting, demanding to know what the devil we were doing with his babe...in the truck he went...they are lovely...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  5. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    That is great. I hope you enjoy them!!!

And........... Happy birthday!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by