Question???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Red jungle fowl88, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Red jungle fowl88

Red jungle fowl88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    I bought a golden penciled hamburg on saterday and Sunday morning I found an egg in her coop? Now at the ranch were I bought her she was with a bounch of her own kind and rooster too of her own kind... Now I have her with a red jungle fowl rooster. Now she hasn't laid a bother egg scince. So I'm wondering if she's laying by her self or was becouse of the other roosters that she was with. I'm also thinking my red jungle fowl
    might be two young he's between 4-5 months.what do you think is going on

2. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    I don't think it's the roosters...mabe just stress??? Anyone else got any ideas?

3. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Hens do NOT need to be with a rooster to lay eggs. I have 9 hens and NO roosters and get eggs everyday!

If she is not currently laying, it is probably the stress of the move. Give her lots of treats and make sure that no one is bothering her. It make take a week or so for her to lay again.

Now if you are asking if the eggs she is laying are fertilized by the Roo at the previous place: maybe!! If she was fertilized by the previous Roo, it may last for up to a month.

You need to watch your hen and your current roo to see what is going on in your coop. It sounds like both of them are old enough to produce fertilized eggs.

Good Luck!!
    Cindy

4. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    #1California Chick :

Hens do NOT need to be with a rooster to lay eggs. I have 9 hens and NO roosters and get eggs everyday!

If she is not currently laying, it is probably the stress of the move. Give her lots of treats and make sure that no one is bothering her. It make take a week or so for her to lay again.

Now if you are asking if the eggs she is laying are fertilized by the Roo at the previous place: maybe!! If she was fertilized by the previous Roo, it may last for up to a month.

You need to watch your hen and your current roo to see what is going on in your coop. It sounds like both of them are old enough to produce fertilized eggs.

Good Luck!!
    Cindy

Yes I agree, and probably the reason she laid the one egg it was already in the making and since the move she'll just have to settle back down some and she should be fine. Hens have a very delicate little system that is easily disturbed ( ever heard of hormonal) well it doesn't take much to upset this very delicate system ( right X-wife ) so she'll be fine before you know it. Just a little TLC will go along way.

catdaddy​

5. Red jungle fowl88

Nov 8, 2009
    Okay well thank a lot I will keppbyoubguys poste

6. Red jungle fowl88

Nov 8, 2009
    Okay so I went out around nine a.m to feed them and no egg but I looked fom the kitchen window around 11 and I saw an egg I went out there ad sure enough she had laid. I wonder if it's fertile how can I tell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by