question

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by ladycrotalus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. ladycrotalus

ladycrotalus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    Can these guys be out in the chicken coop or should they still be inside where it is warm?

[​IMG]

2. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    They look like they're fully feathered, so I'd say it's safe to put them in the coop. Do you have a light in the coop? If so, even better so they can snuggle near it if it gets cold.

3. ladycrotalus

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    There is a light but i only turn it on during winter. Since they are small i am keeping them in the cage and since i got them sunday i have been putting a towel over the cage at night.

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    You got them Sunday? They look feathered enough to be in the coop....but don't let them free range yet! Give them a few weeks or they may get lost.

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    They should be fine but I don't know how cold it is getting there at night. I might keep you light on at night just in case they need it.

6. ladycrotalus

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    Quote:Ya, i plan on keeping them in a cage, in the coop for a while so they can get used to it. I only free range my birds when i am outside with them. Lately with classes and work i haven't been able to let them out. I feel bad, but i would feel worse if a predator got them or they got hit by a car, or if my neighbors did something to my roosters. I want to wait until my guineas are practically full grown before i let them out of the cage. As soon as i get some time to clean it, i will be upgrading them to a large dog crate.

7. ladycrotalus

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    Quote:Last night it stayed in the 50s, but before that and now it is staying in the 40s and high 30s.
    So far they are doing good.

8. vogelzang

vogelzang Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    TX
    i have a question?i have 8 guineas that are 4 months old how many ounces of feed do i give them?

9. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    You keep their feeder filled. They eat free choice.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    vogelzang: I agree with robin416, just keep food available 24/7. [​IMG]
    ladycrotalus: They're all enough. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by