question

Mikeat7

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 22, 2013
I was wondering if instead of resting the incubated eggs on the wire mesh would it be ok to rest them on a cloth during the incubation...I noticed some people will put them on cloth only during the last few days to facilitate cleaning. Any reason why I could not throughout the incubation?

welcome-byc.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! X2 on check out the Incubators Anonymous pages. I think most people leave the wire early on because of better air circulation around the egg. Some people do incubate in cut out egg cartons the whole time. One problem I have seen with paper cartons or paper is that if you have a leaky egg, it may seep over to the other eggs. Cloth or paper towels, especially cotton type stuff may also get moldy with high humidity , especially at lock down so you do have to watch that especially if some of the eggs are a little dirty etc. Some incubators like the Brinseas come with foam inserts for the egg baskets, those don't seem to be a problem.

"mold during lockdown", yes...I think I will switch the cloth with a synthetic...thanks for the quick replies

Back
Top Bottom