question?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by albird101, Jan 3, 2015.

1. albird101

albird101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    I got a new game fowl rooster, he's a beauty he's alert, active and when I got him he was in really small packed cages, the guy had other rooster to, but he was the only one without a missing eye or limp leg so i decided to save him he costed me 25$ not sure what breed but I noticed scab wounds on his face, does he look okay? When I first let him in the backyard he flew onto the roof and started crowing and flapping his wings, he's very territorial to dogs but Im not letting him with my hens after a Month it quarantine [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    The scabs could be from fighting and if he's the only one with both eyes and legs sturdy he must have been the winner.

3. albird101

albird101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I could be, does it feel like there's fluid under it? Keep him in isolation and see if you can find Veterycin it can be sprayed in the eyes and if great for wounds and infections. Be sure to feed and work with you main flock before doing him and always wash your hands after. Actually the same clothes and shoes should not go into the 2 different areas. Hopefully it's nothing but it sounds like he came from a pretty bad place with what you said about the others with him. Is it both eyes or just the one? any drainage? If it doesn't go down or he seems off you could do a round of antibiotics Baytril or Tylan but post back and we'll get casportpony to chime in on antibiotics .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by