question?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by albird101, Jan 28, 2015.

1. albird101

albird101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    After observing my chicks for the past week I noticed the females I ordered are feathered out way more then the packing peanuts they threw in there, I only counted 13 colored easter eggers when I ordered 14 it was originally 15 ees but one sadly dident make it, so after seeing my easter eggers had fully grown wing feathers u noticed this one solid yellow chick who had the same growth rate as the colored ee's so I'm guessing this is the ee I couldent find, notice how her feathers are linger and more grown [​IMG] and the packaging peanuts are barley have any [​IMG] so I'm guessing this is the missing ee, and I'm pretty sure there all females *knocks on wood* because all the female I ordered have longer wing feathers then the males they threw in for warmth, so could this chick be the missing ee? She dident have the muffin or the beard:( but I'm hoping she comes out to be a solid white ee

2. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. albird101

Jun 2, 2013
    Sorry for the bad grammar, hate this phone [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    How old are they?

5. albird101

Jun 2, 2013
    1 week as of today

6. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

Chicks all feather in at different rates, so just because it seems to be feathering like your other female EEs, it doesn't mean it is also an Easter Egger. Still, anything is possible. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what color egg "she" lays. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

Bantamlover21 has given you some good advice. Do you know what type of comb this chick has (if you're not sure, just post a photo of it and we'll find out)? Most Easter Eggers have pea combs, so if she has a pea comb, she's more likely to be an Easter Egger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by