Questionable Silkie.....UPDATE more pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrsfoote, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Heres the almost 22 weeker....felt its pelvic bones they are wider apart....obviously never laid an egg....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] New feathers coming in my poor crusty little baby
    [​IMG] A hairdo only a mother could love
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Haha I love it

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I think pullet based on the lack wattles? Not sure if thats the word i'm looking for the throat flap things anyway lol. [​IMG]

3. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Lol that was what I was thinking too and because she has no walnut and at almost 22 weeks I would think some would appear just a little

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I say pullet. But silkies are late bloomers. It will probably be another few weeks before you see any eggs.

5. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    [​IMG] WOO HOO anyone else?

6. littlethorn

littlethorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    Northern California
    It looks exactly like my silkie hen - no comb or wattles, so I say pullet too.

7. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I think I see streamers in the crest so I am going to guess roo but that is a tricky one. My roos' comb didn't really develop or turn color until past the 6 month point, same he 1st crowed and the pullet laid he 1st egg. Let us know in a few weeks which it is [​IMG].

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a typical hatchery quality pullet.

9. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    [​IMG] You have no idea how excited I am to hear this I don't care if she is crap quality.....lol I love her and to think I was going to rehome her.

Sundown a few weeks ago you dubbed her boy....lol all good I know how hard they can be to sex I'm so happy tho!

10. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Quote:I see what your talking about but its so hard to get a good picture unless your looking directly at her there aren't any streamers they are the new feathers coming in really funky I've even laid flat on the floor and looked but they are all pretty uniform in length

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by