Questioning Ideal's shipping notice for those who have ordered before

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mandymooligan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I ordered the Ideal Bantam Special. I have had 3 notices that my order had shipped, one yesterday and two today one hour apart. Is this the norm? It is nice that they contact you but now I am wondering if my chicks are coming in 3 different shipments. I ordered 25 cochins and 25 D'Uccles. How many notices did you get?

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    A lot of people get multiple notices from them. They should all still be in one batch! Good luck!!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I also got a few notices and mine all come in one order....25 to a box and if you have 50 then there will be two boxes but they will be attached to each other. Unless hey got bigger boxes now and just put them all in one.

4. Mandymooligan

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Quote:Thank you I can breathe now!! LOL!!

5. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I got my email notice that they had been shipped two days AFTER I got my chicks.... ya I was like, "Um, I already have my chicks but thanks anyways..." [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mandymooligan

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I got my chicks this morning, 2 short but no losses, that is pretty amazing considering the heat. They are adorable, bantam cochins and D'Uccles.

7. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Yeah, I was a bit freaked out when I got 3 or 4 notices for the chicks I ordered earlier this year. Thankfully, I only got the one batch of chicks. lol!

8. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    I'm so glad I opened this thread b/c this Ideal Hatchery is actually really close too me here in Tx. I wanted to order some chicks but it's so hot I was afraid to ship from very far away. I think I am going to be placing my very first order for shipped chicks ever tonight. [​IMG]) Also good to know that I may get several shipping notices.

9. Mandymooligan

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Quote:The chicks I got this morning are doing great!! I had a couple of weak ones I was concerned about but since I made sure they drank they are coming around great and I can't even tell which ones they were anymore. Akk are wating, drinking, pooping and zooming all over the brooder. They were very well boxed and I am really very happy with them. Not to mention the great price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  10. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    Quote:The chicks I got this morning are doing great!! I had a couple of weak ones I was concerned about but since I made sure they drank they are coming around great and I can't even tell which ones they were anymore. Akk are wating, drinking, pooping and zooming all over the brooder. They were very well boxed and I am really very happy with them. Not to mention the great price.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83023_blue_d.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83023_drinking.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83023_eating.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83023_sleeping.jpg

They are sooo cute! What kinds are they? I'm ordering some bantam silkies and cochins and I'm getting some ducks as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by