Questioning sex and breed of these 7 week old chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wi_Pida, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Wi_Pida

Wi_Pida Chirping

Mar 21, 2019
    Gresham, Wisconsin
    When I bought these checks I was told that they were supposedly cinnamon Queens. Obviously they are not. Also I was told they were 98% sure that they were females. I know that two of them are males and I believe the other two are females. The ones I believe are females have very light combs and their split. the only thing that makes me question that they may be males is because they do have very small wobbles. The first picture I believe is a female. And the second picture is obviously a male. Their body coloring is all the same on all four chicks. The two males are definitely bigger than the two that I believe are females. Can anybody tell me if the what I believe our females are actually females and what type of chickens these are? received_2313874268658182.jpeg received_2422864124616410.jpeg

2. RustyBucketFarmGirl

RustyBucketFarmGirl Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Ohio
    They look like they might become Colombian Wyandotte’s to me. Possibly as i am no expert. Lol

As far as gender i have been wrong enough to know not to make a guess.

3. Those are cockerels.

Wi_Pida likes this.
  4. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Free Ranging

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    not wyandottes... the first cockerel has a pea comb, the second a straight comb. A Wyandotte should have a rose comb.
    where did you get these guys? At 7 weeks, they're definitely cockerels, but I think they're mixes.

5. Wi_Pida

Wi_Pida Chirping

Mar 21, 2019
    Gresham, Wisconsin
    My husband bought them for me at true value.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: