Questions about auto egg turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenOfTheC, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ChickenOfTheC

ChickenOfTheC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2012
    Georgia
    I use an automatic egg turner in my incubator. My questions is, when it is time to stop turning your eggs, do you take the eggs out of the turner or just leave them in there? I have found that removing the eggs from the turner makes the temp have to be adjusted.

2. TNBlacktails

TNBlacktails Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2012
    Union County Tennessee
    All ive read is take out the turner on the 18 day and DO NOT turn them by hand on the 18 day (till 21st day) you start lockdown dont open the bator.The egg turner i have the motor comes off and is all dishwaqsher safe. I couldnt tell you about the temp needing to be adjusted after taking out the turner. What kinda bator you got ,and what breed are you planning on hatching?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. LukensFarms

LukensFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    Fort Collins, CO
    What kind of turner?

4. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Those motors produce a little heat. Might be why you have to adjust the heat when you turn it off. Imo i would take them out of the turner. 1. less cleaning 2. less chance of a chick tripping around the turner holes.

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I take the turner out. The temp usually re-stabilizes after about an hour. I Increase the humidity at that time that also increases the temp. hope this helps Gloria Jean

6. ChickenOfTheC

Nov 11, 2012
    Georgia
    Thanks. I have been taking it out, but I have seen in pictures where others have let the chicks hatch in the egg turners. So I will continue to take them out.

7. TNBlacktails

Sep 15, 2012
    Union County Tennessee
    what kinda eggs you hatching out ?

8. ChickenOfTheC

Nov 11, 2012
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

Mostly Marans, but I just ordered some beautiful Araucana/Americauna eggs for hatching. Hopefully I can get some Olive Eggers.

9. TNBlacktails

Sep 15, 2012
    Union County Tennessee
    Congrats hope you have a very successful hatch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by