1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

questions about Game Chickens ???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MSH, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MSH

MSH Chirping

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    breeding red brown games and bbred games with blue hens and grey hens and grey hens with bb red roos and brown red roos would get me what colors ? I'm trying to get something different I love my chickens but the colors are always the same lol I want something different to look at but I want to keep the body style and temperament the same any advice ?

2. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Songster

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:Brown red x Blue would be your pass toward lemon blue
    Brown Red x "Grey" hens will be more brown red hens and golden males.
    BB Red x Blue first pass toward Blue red
    Bb red x "Grey" will be more BB Red females, and golden males

3. MSH

MSH Chirping

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    thanks for the reply would there be a way to end up with porcelin out of that or red pyle ? what would I need to get those colors ? I'll def be moving some around tomorrow to get some lemon blue and blue reds [​IMG]

4. GotGame

GotGame Songster

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:Porcelain requires booth parents to carry the mottling gene, the lavender gene, among others. But to answer your question, no, it wouldnt be a possibility too very porcelain from those colors you listed. Red Pyle is made by replacing the black on a bb red with dominant white.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  5. MSH

MSH Chirping

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    So like bbred roo with white game hen ? that would be cool sorry I like them alot I have 2 pair of red pyle oegb I would love to have so big ones too !

6. GotGame

GotGame Songster

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:That would be one way to go about it, but the hen would need to be dominant white, not recessive.

7. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Songster

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:Pocelian is a very complex color and you do not have what is needed to get there, it is also a very long process to develop.

If you want Red Pyle, I assume LF you would be best served buying a RP male, and breeding to your BB Red hens, red Pyle is a Duckwing variety with Dom. white.

8. sccocker

sccocker Hatching

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi people! New to game breeding, just wondering when the hens will start laying in my location, South Carolina ! or will they lay year round with proper light and heat ? Thanks to anyone that can help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by