Questions about home made incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by osous, Dec 15, 2009.

1. osous

osous New Egg

Dec 15, 2009
    Western Washington
    Im new to this site and i was wondering if any one has used the uv11695 universal lower thermostat for a home made incubator, im use to using little giant parts to make my incubators. coolers work great, but im going to make a kinda large cabinet style one with turners as shelves. i think this themo is really for hot water heaters. i was wondering if anyone had any personal experence with it. im using little giant heating elements not light bulbs. I'd post a pic of the thermo but im not quite sure how yet, any help on that would be cool too. thanks
    [​IMG]

2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
  3. SED

SED Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    I built a small box incubator that holds about 40 or so eggs and use the hot water heater thermostat with a small desk fan inside and it works better than my Little Giant incubators. I have hatched alot of chicks using it.

4. osous

osous New Egg

Dec 15, 2009
    Western Washington
    still having trouble with posting the image sorry

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  5. osous

osous New Egg

Dec 15, 2009
    Western Washington
    [​IMG] that might do it. thanks danielle82 for the asist.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. osous

osous New Egg

Dec 15, 2009
    Western Washington
    im testing it right now in my home made cooler hatcher ( the hatcher is off ofcourse ), it was making a kinda loud click sound after an hour er so of use. i dont know if thats common or not for that thermo, but i hope it works well, the plan i have for a design is pritty cool and i really want it to work. and i bet the home made incubators will work much better then the productions, just due to the fact that the farmers know what changes need to be made to increase hatch rate and quality.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by