Questions about Lexapro, zoloft and welbutrin?

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
I'm having some serious issues with depression since my mother's passing and was put on lexapro.
It does not seem to be helping and I am wondering if any of you have any insight about it or the other two meds that my Dr mentioned possibly trying out if the first option did not work. I have concearns with taking any of it but with the severity of my mood swings and frequency of the crying and panic attacks I have to do something.

Last edited:
Any of those drugs take a minimum of 3 weeks to begin to work. If you stick with Lexapro, have the doctor double your does and prescribed Celexa - same drug just not as concentrated and it is on the $4 list at most pharmacies.

Wellbutrin made me numb which was not good. Zoloft has some different side effects that have been known to make people go bonkers.

Years ago I was on zoloft for over 5 years. It did wonders..however the real issue was my marriage. I stayed on the meds during that time, had 2 other children while on it, they are fine too. When I finally faced what the real issue was, and changed it, I haven't needed it since..that has been over 10 years. What scares me is that during that time I was on 5ml..now, my SIL is on it, and they give her like 10 times that..I about croaked when I heard that.

Hey Robin. Never been on lexapro. Currently on zoloft, it's not helping me at all. I see my doc tomorrow and will talk to him about something new but I don't know what. I was on Wellbutrin for S.A.D. and to quit smoking. I quit smoking after 30 years!!! and it kept me from crawlling under the covers and not coming out for months. It's not done anything to pull me out of the funk I've been in for awhile now.

Know we are still here for you. You devoted months of your life taking care of your mom until the end.

Hang in there!!
hugs.gif

My BF was put on Lexapro and while super expensive seemed to help.......the mood swings. He still slept alot. Then we asked about Celexa and while cheaper seems to do the same thing but also doesn't help with the sleeping. So I guess for the price we are staying on Celexa unless something else is suggested.

I want to remind the OP that every human beings chemical balance in their brain is different from the other. One person may experience something that no one else will. For an example, the post above where the guy sleeps all the time. I take Celexa (for anxiety) and seem to have the opposite problem.

Wellbutrin is nice in that it is a bit energizing and seems to help you get moving when you just want to crawl on the couch and live your life there. It also doesn't seem to numb your intimate life so to speak. The down side seems that if you are battling anxiety I think it can make that a little worse for some people. i actually lost weight on it since it seemed to stop some of that nervous eating stuff. I was also more interested in exercising. The others seem safe and work for some folks. Good luck, sometimes we all need help getting past some of life's rough spots.
smile.png

I have been on the lexapro for over 5 week now and still no change so I wasn't sure if perhaps I needed a slightly stronger dose or maybe wait a bit longer ar just perhaps a change of meds all together.
I appreciate all the input as it will help me to sort of know what does what and things to address with my Dr. It's a huge help
smile.png
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom