Questions about showing

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sutillman, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I have a few questions about showing. 1-Should state applied metal legbands be removed or left on for show. 2-Junior Show(not showmanship)do they simply cage birds like in adult show, or do they need to know info about birds, etc. 3- NPIP. I am NPIP, but have bought and hatched birds since last being inspected. Do birds I bought from other NPIP birds have to be certified or can I just put them under my number? Or do I need the seller's NPIP number as a backup? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. ranchruler@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    just to show yes you leave them in the cage but showmanship you have to take them out I just got back from the fair because im 18 and almoast out of 4-H [​IMG]

3. Americana

Americana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Dunnellon, Florida
    As far as the metal band I've been to shows and seen chickens with more than one band, so I don't think you have to take it off.
    As far as NPIP- At my daughter's last show in April we brought birds that were not tested when the others were (because they were too young), and when I asked the The man drawing blood (for people without NPIP cards), he said it was fine, it's good for one year, even for new birds, as long as you have the NPIP card.

That's for Florida, I don't know about other states.

4. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I want to show in the Inverness Show in November and want to make sure I do every thing right. I showed at Lake City last year but just one bird. Thanks for all the info.

5. Americana

Americana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Dunnellon, Florida
    There's a show in Fanning Springs October 15. My Daughter's are going.
    I think we're gonna go to Inverness too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by