Questions about this possible coop...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by wendorfa, Mar 14, 2013.

1. wendorfa

wendorfa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2013
    Can someone take a look at this and tell me what you think? So far, for the size and features, this looks like a good bet. I would then make my own run and it would be connected where the little door on this one is. Thanks :)

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/3521626678.html

2. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I don't see much in the way of ventilation, which is important. That could probably be added pretty easily. Photos of the inside would be helpful if they are available.

3. 4 the Birds

4 the Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Westfield, Indiana
    Not too bad a price for a coop with exterior boxes and a shingled roof! I think his estimate of 12 to 15 chickens for 32 sf. is a bit high. I would max out at around 8 for a coop that size especially if you have your feeder and waterer in the coop. I like the exterior boxes! I don't see any vents or windows??? Not sure how it is ventilated but it for sure will need vents on at least a couple sides and preferably sheltered to keep out rain or bad weather. A slider window would be nice to let in natural light.

4. wendorfa

Mar 10, 2013
    Yep, that was the one thing was where is the ventilation? But I am betting I could get him to add vents and a sliding window for light. I wouldn't put 12 or 15 chickens in there, I want to start with probably 6. I think I will send him a message :)

5. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains

6. llandry

llandry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    jersey shore, nj

agreed about the ventilation. I have the external nesting boxes like this coop and i love it! 6 huh? I remember when i said i was "only" getting a certain number. They're like potato chips! :)

7. wendorfa

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, yeah, 6 is my 'starting' number :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by