Questions for West Wing Coop builder (shown in the gallery)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Penske, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Penske

Penske Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I love the design of your hen house! How did you provide venting without drafts? I see one vent above the ceiling of the roost/droppings pit area.

How many chickens were housed comfortably in the finished design? I am JUST starting (getting chicks this spring) and trying to find a coop design for our area. We are thinking of getting about 10 hens --some bantys, but mostly full sized.

Any advice?
    Penske

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    it should have the name on the web page, them you can send them a private message-with tht PM link- if you'd like. They are probably more apt to see it.

Good luck.

3. Penske

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Thank you for your help. I have not found the link, but I'm new to this! I'll check again!

4. Penske

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    My husband has said how about 10 hens, so your point about the quantity of eggs is well-taken. My daughter wants to sell some, too--we already have people lined up for fresh eggs!

I'm now considering: 1 Ameraucanas, 2 Orps, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 white rock ,2 Welsummers, 2 Speckled Sussex

What do you think?? Is it ok to just have a one of one breed?

It's so hard...I still want a Wyandotte and a Buckeye!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by