Questions on the Rooster Collar

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Run Wild, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Run Wild

Run Wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2016
    Hi! This chick season I am hoping to get a roo, but for that to happen I would have to convince my dad that when he grows up he won't be waking him up early every morning. I have seen the Rooster Collar for sale on Mypetchicken.com, and am in love with the way it gently prevents Roosters from crowing at the top of their lungs, but what I need to know is has anyone here used the Rooster Collar? If so did it work well?

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I've seen enough posts about roos being killed by them to think that it's a bad idea. If I couldn't allow my rooster to act normally, I'd not have one. Why do you want a rooster?

2 people like this.
  3. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    I want a rooster because I love roosters, and I've had one before, so I know from experience that they can be aggressive, and loud but that doesn't matter, I enjoy them despite that.

4. daddyman

daddyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2012
    We have one on our rooster. It does make him very much more quiet. And he does not seem to mind. Very active, good with the ladies, and no issues with us.

I would encourage you to make sure that you regularly check the tightness to make sure it is not too constrictive as he grows.

You might want to check out the Cock Collars also. Made in Australia. I like them a bit more than the NoCrow because the Cock Collars are a stretchy Velcro, so there is a bit of give, just in case.

http://www.cockcollars.com.au

Enjoy the little boy!

5. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    Awesome, thanks!

6. FowlLover357

FowlLover357 Just Hatched

Apr 2, 2017
    thank you sooooo helpful
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by