1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Questions

Discussion in 'Geese' started by nfrost, Jun 26, 2011.

1. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    OK we have 2 africans know idk or remember if there super africans or just africans, how do you tell the difference at 6 weeks? And is it possible they start to develop a dewlap early? And there is one witha thicker neck way more pronounced honk and always talks the other is quite and not as thick in the neck, could that mean he is male?

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:The one with the big head and thick neck is likely tp be male. Super is just marketing term to tell you that their regular Africans are not pure, sorry.

3. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    ok thx, and i have last question had one with angel wing, and i fixed it, it started to flip out, now they all seem to be getting bad there not flipping out but the geese cant seem to not be able to hold there wings up they dont droop to much they can fold them under when they try, and after a min or two they start to drop, is this a diff form of angel wing were i should wrap it? they are both 6-7 weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by