questions

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DURR, Mar 6, 2013.

1. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    Ok so I have just recently purchased a game hen (lf) and she is very boring so to say all she does is roost, barely eats or drinks, hasn't laid an egg and isn't broody by no means. She was picked on at her previous home and she's missing a few feathers on her head. She also waddles which I've bever seen a chicken do before could something be wrong with her or is she just a lazy little pullet?

2. etammy

etammy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2012
    Sounds like something is not right. She is either sick, egg bound( is she at laying age?) or still trying to adjust to her new surroundings. Do you have other chickens? one chicken is not good, they are a flock animal. Try to hek her belly for swelling, does it feel like a big water ballon? put some electrolyte solution in her water and then give her some time to adjust.

3. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    I have around 30 head of birds. Her face is a medium red so she's either already there at POL or she might still be young. Her pen mate has already laid her first two eggs. She feels real poor weight wise but I'll check her out.

Edit- her vents a lil swollen and so is her belly what can I do to help her I paid $75 dollars for this hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by