Questions

littlefamily

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 18, 2014
Hi!
I am a first time owner and I have 2 week old babies and I am wondering with the weather being up to 90 in Gilbert during the day can I move them outside and just put the heat lamp on them at night?
Also when can they start eating table scraps and what types can they have just fruit and veggies I a assuming but anything they should not have??
Thank you!

Hi &
welcome-byc.gif
, You listed your question in Where am I? Where are You? forum and you would get more input in Raising Baby Chicks. If your day temps are 90 deg. F the chicks will be fine outside with that and with a heat lamp at night they should be good. But check on them often the first couple days and nights to make sure they are comfortable. They are little so make sure your pen is secure so, nothing can reach in and grab them, fly in to grab them or dig under to get them. Also do not trust the clamps on heat lamps to secure the light. Wire it so it can not start a fire.

Thank you so much! I am new to this site as well. Appreciate your tips and info very much!

No Prob. This site is great and there are a lot of really helpful members. The site has a wonderful search tool too. You can go to the Forum category and then to the sub. category and type in a question or key words and it will bring up past related post and threads related to your search que. It's really helpful when you need a quick answer and will also give you tons of information. Make sure you check out the Learning Center too. Good Luck with your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom