quiche help.. thanks for the help.. NUMMMMMM!!

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Ok so I am going to make a quiche.. I have an extra dozen eggs ..
big_smile.png
I have baccon, and cheese for sure..

But I was wondering if adding corn and maybe just maybe ..

I have a box of stuffing that I need to use.. what do you all think?

OH and I do need a recipe. like how many eggs and how to do it .. never done it before

I have a ready made deep dish pie crust.

Last edited:
i am not sure about the stuffing mix, you would have to bake it first, or it would get all soggy. but here is how i throw quiche together...

beat the eggs (all 12 of 'em) and add about 1/4 -1/2 C. milk. add a handful or two of cheese. add other ingredients. it shouldn't be TOO gobbed up, but a good smattering of everything throughout.

fill pie shell about 2/3 full. (it expands as it cooks.)

as for the stuffing.. it is a box.. kinda instant .. just boil water butter put the bread crumbs in and *done .. I would cook it first.

Quote:
how long do you cook it for? and guessing 350??

Last edited:
The stuffing won't work well with the quiche, but it would make a GREAT strata!

For quiche, I use 6 eggs to 1 cup of heavy cream for the quiche custard. The other ingredients (bacon, cheese, chiles or whatever) go into a baked pie shell, then on the baking pan on the rack in the oven, then the custard gets poured in (no spills). 350 for 35 minutes.

Stratas are eggs, milk, and bread with other ingredients. The bread is supposed to be stale or toasted, so you are done with the first step!
Check out Melinda Lee's master recipe:
http://www.melindalee.com/recipearchive.html?action=124&item_id=46

Ok so i made this quiche.. I did go ahead and open the box of stove top stuffing and dumped some of it in the mixture..

I used 8 eggs
about 3/4-1 cup of milk.. (there was just some left and I dumped it all)
I used about 2 cups cheese..
and 7 slices baccon cut and fried..

It was sooooooo good! And no sog problems, and the number 1 good thing..

THE KIDS LOVED IT!!
ya.gif

I am going to try the strata next

Quiche is one of the greatest ways in the world to use eggs. I just pretend its like a pizza, adding onions, bell peppers, sausage, even pepperoni. Great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom