1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Quick blue Swedish question + photo

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesgliders, Apr 21, 2012.

1. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Songster

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Hi all,

I recently got a gorgeous shipment of ducklings from Ideal, and included among them is the cutest little mismarked blue Swedish.

I am wondering if she will keep her cool markings? She has a white "cap." Will it stay white, or fill in with blue?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7040/7099823867_39164db73c_c.jpg

(She is the duckling on the far right. You can see the back of her head and her "cap.")

Yes, I'm sure it's horribly unacceptable for show, but as my ducks are just pets, I appreciate being able to easily tell her from the other blue Swedish girl.

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

2. Fillyelf

Fillyelf In the Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    Berryville,VA
    I don't know if she'll change or not but she's cute.[​IMG] The ducklings are beautiful!

3. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Songster

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Thanks, I think so, too :)

Anyone know?

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You will have to wait and see, but as a generalization, mis-marked ducks remain mis-marked.

I didn't look at your photo. I don't click on links as an anti-virus protection.

5. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    I'd say that the area of white on the side/top of her head will reduce a bit as she gets her adult feathers but she will always have white markings on her head.

Cute ducklings! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by