Quick , cheap & ez run cover ..photo

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
Not only do i have a coyote issue..but red tailed hawks now. I was strapped for time & just wanted to get the birds out of the barn again-

So..we did this to the 30 x 30 pen in less than an hr, we had all the materials so we didnt have to spend a dime.

1 spool of twine..black would be nicer
zip ties..yah day-glo doesnt look very nice
deer nettting..
staple nails ?
some blank cd's hung & strewn randomly on the top..

we nailed the twine doubled to the barn, then connected it to the fence posts ( theyre metal , but we put wood to make them taller.
then we connected more twine, sorta like a spider web.

l_64fea476436842a6a7d166910e218a53.jpg

The german shephard works best for deterring predators..but when she is in napping..they strike!

Then we opened up the doubled netting , layed it acress & down the sides & connected them where they joined- voila!...hawk proof..well i hope so anyways. Its some strong deer netting, i cant imagine a hawk getting through it

We couldnt do anything heavy-duty becuase of the ledge..we tried renting a jackhammer & they said no way..not on granite. So thats why the fence poles are spaced unevenly & some are crooked- a nitemare finding a spot btween the ledge to get them in the ground.

For the middle we had a post with feet from our old screen room..its up on a outdoor chair for now, we will replace it with stacked cinder blocks & place the bottom in the hole & fill with dirt for better stability.

I am, Impressed I have seen owls aroiund my place but so far they havent hunted my flock! thank God!

Back
Top Bottom