Quick chick - does it really help?

MTR

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
I’ve raised 3 brooders full of chicks without a quick chick and only lost 1-2 chicks per. All adult birds looked good (except the Mareks thing). I now have raised 2 batches with quick chick and I lost none in the first batch and 3 in the second. So am I waisting my money? Does Apple Cider with Mother fill the same void?

I don’t use this brand but I do add electrolytes to their water when I first bring them home to help them get out of any stress they may be in. I haven’t lost any chicks in all my batches.

I don’t use this brand but I do add electrolytes to their water when I first bring them home to help them get out of any stress they may be in. I haven’t lost any chicks in all my batches.
You order online or pick up at TSC

I don’t trust TSC and haven’t been impressed with their chicks or staff. I buy/pick up from small local feed stores that hire people that have experience with animals and they know how to take care of chicks.
I was trying to figure out zero loses but that makes sense

I was trying to figure out zero loses but that makes sense
It’s pretty cool to be able to meet the owners of the chicks and ask them questions about their hens and roosters before you purchase their chicks. The local feed stores with hold special meet the owners days.
I have heard that businesses will put in extra chicks in mail orders to make up for the chicks that may die; it’s thoughtful.

It’s pretty cool to be able to meet the owners of the chicks and ask them questions about their hens and roosters before you purchase their chicks. The local feed stores with hold special meet the owners days.
I have heard that businesses will put in extra chicks in mail orders to make up for the chicks that may die; it’s thoughtful.
We don’t have anything like that here. Our feed stores order from hatcheries too. That would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom