Quick duck egg incubating question??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PQ, Mar 25, 2009.

1. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    I dont want to turn on another bator can I put the duck eggs in the one running with chicken and turkey eggs and just mist the duck eggs, they would be on the other side of turner, if so how many times a day is good. Thanks all!

2. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Hey its me agian i incubated my duck egg with my chicken eggs and now i got a thriving khaki cambel lol i didnt even mist just remember the duck eggs take somewhere around 28 days so figure in the time diffrence in hatching also when you mist the duck egg just make sure you watch your humidity for a little to make sure it doesnt get to high for the chicken eggs, i wish i knew you had duck eggs lol, next time i need eggs im comming to you and yes i will pay lol

edited to add to say 1 week till your eggs im testing are due to hatch

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  3. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Quote:Cant wait to hear about the eggs!!!
    I dont have ducks not yet, I found a ad on Craigslist for hatching eggs and they lived right down the road from us. I got I think 7 Indian Runner duck eggs 5 mixed breed duck eggs, 5 guinea eggs, and 2 bourbon red turkey eggs for $7.00!!!! Yes I said it $7.00 wow these people where so nice! So the eggs go up to school tomorrow for the kids to watch! How fun is that!
    Tell those eggs of yours to hurry I want to see baby chick pictures!

4. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Wow lol you should let me know when your mom is heading up next lol i could give her some money for eggs lol well good luck on all them i cant have guineas here in the city they are too loud

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Good luck with your duck eggs! I start my first batch of ducks next week, I'm so excited!!! Keep us updated, these will be my first ducks so I'm curious to see how it goes for you!!!

6. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Bock_Bock you are welcome to eggs anytime! Mom is happy to drop off! How are your eggs coming along just heard from someone else that has my eggs she has sent some pictures of some cute chicks! Cant wait to see yours!

hollymh We will keep you up to date as we go, Hope it will help you we are so excited I hope we dont mess this up!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    they eggs are comming along fine only 1 more week so i cant wait and since they are bantams it might be even earlier i cant wait YaY

and im sure i will be needed more i will email you, i didnt even know you had so many breeds i cant wait lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by