Quick Help Broken whole nail off bleeding a lot

Hornetkc5

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Oakwood
Wanda borke her whole toe nail off and is bleeding a lot I dont have anything to stop the bleeding help please I have cleaned her and held her for well over 20 min what now?

hmm.png

If you have a TSC they should have quick stop. Maybe the flour would work.

I know they use super glue in the hospitals now to repair wounds. I am sure it will burn!!! But, do not know if it would safe for a chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
and when you think it has stopped bleeding, wash in warm water and wipe with a clean towel. If it does not stop bleeding continue with the flour. When it does stop, your main aim is to prevent infection.

Quote:
If the others see blood they might keep picking at her foot and she will probably do the same.

I wouldn't put her back out until she can walk properly and the bleeding has stopped.

Seperate. Clean wound. Put flour on wound. Wait until it stops bleeding. Clean again. If still bleeding repeat all steps. Once it has stopped keep seperate for a while and re-introduce to flock.

flour is on it she is in a dog pen with shavings in the coop with the others will check on her in the am. poor thing my 8yr old found her and had washed he wound put neosporin and a very small bandaid on it before I even knew! I told her keep holding her lol Im running to the bycers brb.

Back
Top Bottom