1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quick help with washing chickens!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by swimmerchick, Aug 6, 2014.

1. swimmerchick

swimmerchick Out Of The Brooder

I have to wash my chickens for a fair!!!! They have to be ready by TOMORROW!!!! I've washed chickens before so I know what to do but, I HAVE NO SOAP TO WASH THEM WITH!!!!! I know you can use Dog shampoo or sunlight dish soap but I DON'T HAVE EITHER!!!! I'M ALL OUT!!! I am seriously panicking and I HAVE to have them washed by Tomorrow and i don't have time to swing by a store!!!!!! What else can I use other then those to soaps that won't hurt my chicken??????? Please help me answer this questions!!!!

Yours truly,

Panicking Swimmerchick

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Around here if we're out of soap we use vinegar. Just mix it in a spray bottle and rinse it off. The smell goes away.

You could also try lemon juice or baking soda too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. swimmerchick

swimmerchick Out Of The Brooder

I use Vinegar any way but i'll give it a try... mostly the getting them clean part i'm worried about.. thanks though i'll give it a try!

4. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I read somewhere you can use egg whites as a cleaner too. Hope you get them clean for tomorrow :) Good luck at the fair.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by