Quick Ordering Question

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Year of the Rooster, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I'm thinking of ordering from Ideal. Can I order over the phone or do I have to order over the internet?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Yes, you can call and I'd recommend calling. That way you can feel them out more as far as shipping dates, what's available for when you want it, etc.

Let us know what you end up getting!

3. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Well so far i'm getting maybe 7 straight run silkies and sebrights from Ideal then i'll pick out 1 roo and 2 hens from both breeds. Then I might order 1 RIR, 1 BA, 1 BR, and 1 EE from MPC. Can you call them too?

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Can you not get them all from the same place? Ideal has a 20 dollar minimum or they will add an insurance. MPC has high shipping costs due to a added heat pad for small numbers. If you could get them all from one place, you'd cut your shipping down by far. But that's just me.

5. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    silkiechicken,

I was too excited and didn't look to see if Ideal had the standards that I wanted, and they did so we just ordered them along with the silkies and sebrights [​IMG] We ended up ordering them online. My dad insisted. I even told him that you (arlee453) recommended it, but as long as I get what I want! [​IMG] We ended up ordering 6 straight run chicks each for the silkies and sebrights. I hope we get atleast one roo and two hens from that. The rest we'll probably sell on here or craigslist or something. I'm excited!

6. orionburn

orionburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Congrats on the purchase [​IMG] Our chicks are supposed to ship on 9/3 and can't wait for them to get here. We ordered 6 golden sebrights, 2 blue mille fluers, 2 RIR, 1 buff brahma and 1 silver laced chochin.

Guess it's time to add on to the chicken coop [​IMG]

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Woot! I just made an order with Ideal, too. Bantam blue laced red wyandottes. [​IMG] Can't wait until they arrive!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by