Quick Q on ads....

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Hello people,
    Quick question on the adverts on the main site (not the forum). From what I can tell, most of the ads show people with very low shorts (very, VERY low) promoting a liquid for weight loss/muscle growth. Is there any way to block these? Not the ads, I know this is a way of income for the site, but the weird chemical type growth stuff?

Just a question!

2. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That is weird, because mine seem to be poultry/farm related?? I haven't noticed any diet ads. Maybe I am just ignoring them? [​IMG] Seriously, mine are poultry suppliers, coops/hutches, rabbit supplies, things like that.

Shelly

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    If you use firefox, right-click on the picture and select "block images from ___". That should take care of the problem. [​IMG]

4. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Hey, thanks! I'll have to try it!

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Many of those ads are displayed by our partnership with Google. The ads that you see are based on the content of the page as well as about a hundred other variables and will often vary from person to person and day to day.

We try to block ads that aren't appropriate for our community, but with hundreds of thousands of advertisers with Google it is obviously an ongoing battle.

If you see ads that are inappropriate, PM me with information about the ad (the text or the image) and URL of the site that is being advertised and I'll see what I can do.

6. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    All right, thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by