Quick question about easter eggers and eggs.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cupman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I have 2 easter eggers that are currently laying. The eggs they lay are small in comparison to all the other breeds I have. Is it possible to get a mixture of EE that would lay an extra large green egg? or do they all tend to lay eggs on the smaller side?

Thanks.

2. SueBaby

SueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Have they been laying for a while? My EEs started smallish and now are among the biggest eggs I get.

3. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Quote:X2. Mine were not only smallish when they first started, but they took forever to get going. They were my last to lay. I would also get soft eggs for a while from them.

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Oh that's something to look forward to. They began laying in August, pumped eggs out quickly for a couple months but they have slowed down for the winter. I have 3 other EE's that aren't laying yet in various pens around the yard so I guess we'll see in the Spring. Thanks again.

5. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Depends on what your genetic background makeup of the EE is... If your EE's are crossed onto a banty-- obviously they'll be smaller egged than if crossed to a White Leghorn...

EE is just a mutt- and have no standards- therefore there is no standard answer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by