1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quick question

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Beastie, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Beastie

Beastie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2014
    First off, I'm new here, so let me start by saying hello! I live in Oracle, Az and I am fairly new to raising chickens. My family had them when I was a child and my father still does but this is my first time raising them myself. My current question is this, will having rusty fencing for my chicken run harm them in any way?

2. flo12345

flo12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    They should be fine! Just be careful that there aren't any weak spots in the fencing. You don't want predators getting in or chickens getting out. Hope this helos and welcome to BYC!

3. Beastie

Mar 11, 2014
    Thank you for your fast response! The fencing, despite being rusty is actually very strong. I'm not sure of the gauge but I don't think I've seen chain link this thick before. and the best part is that it was free! Still, I will have my husband go over it and stitch any weak spots together. Thanks for the welcome, I figured I might as well join since every question I googled brought me here anyhow lol.

4. flo12345

flo12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    You're welcome! BYC is the best website ever! I joined before I even got my first chickens!

1 person likes this.
  5. Beastie

Mar 11, 2014
    :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by